Thursday, June 25, 2009

Jack and the Beanstalk

O was home from Kindy today - could probably have gone, but tomorrow is the last day of term 2 and they're having pizza and doing other fun things. So I'd rather he have a quiet day today so he can enjoy tomorrow :)


I saw this the other day via One Pretty Thing - this has to be one of my favourite online resources for cool things to make. I HEART it even. I know. It's serious.


Anyway - O has really been getting into the Jack and the Beanstalk story in one of his bedtime books so I thought this would be a great way to take up some time today.



Here is our beanstalk - I drew the rough shape on some old cardboard I saved (see my husbane??!! There IS a good reason to hoard all that stuff!), then I squirted some green paint on and the kids painted roughly where they were supposed to. Do you like my beautiful christmas-themed drop sheet? Then I cut around the shape with a stanley knife (NOT a box cutter as we live in Australia ;) )





Next we hung it up on the door in the loungeroom so that it can be a focus for awhile and be played with while I'm doing things in the kitchen.

Then we were going to use some old photos as the characters but I got such a look of disgust from my son! He wanted to draw them! So he did - and little sister wanted to be in on it too.






The concentration is palpable!

I will update over the weekend once all our characters are drawn and attached to either iceblock sticks or clothes pegs - haven't decided yet.

No comments: